As a result of being a pioneer in investing in ASC/MSC CoC, AGFOCERT has been the first and only certification body in Turkey. Our auditors are qualified for MSC CoC standards.
- We have been granted our accreditation by ASI on May 16, 2016.
- We are able to certify all of the trout, salmon, tilapia, abalone, bivalve, shrimp and pangasius scopes.
- Traceability of ASC certified farms must be maintained at the processing facility, storage, broker companies, and those must have a MSC CoC (Chain of Custody) certificate in order to keep the supply chain. Our accreditation also includes MSC CoC.
- While our ASC and MSC CoC accreditation currently covers entire world except for USA, Canada and China.
- We are accredited of the Chain of Custody certification within both ASC and MSC scopes.
The Marine Stewardship Council is an independent, international non-profit organisation that manages the world’s leading certification and labelling programme for responsible fishing.
What is the MSC doing?
We work with fisheries, scientists and industry to make sure our oceans are fished sustainably and it’s easy to find and buy certified sustainable seafood.
Between the ocean and your plate, fish and seafood products may pass through many stages. Supply chains can be very complicated. The MSC Chain of Custody Standard ensures that products from MSC certified sustainable fisheries are traceable and separated from non-certified products.
For products to carry the blue MSC label, every company in the supply chain must have a valid Chain of Custody certificate. To be certified, businesses are audited by independent certifiers.
What is the MSC Chain of Custody?
What is assessed?
There are five key principles that every company must meet to achieve certification.
Companies must purchase certified product from a certified supplier
Certified products are clearly identifiable
Certified products are separated from non-certified
Traceable and recorded
Certified products are traceable and volumes are recorded
Companies have a management system that addresses the requirements of the Standard